Product Owner – Product Manager – Platform as a Product
Our development team are responsible for the design, innovation, development, and delivery of a Software Platform. The team are a world class team of software engineers and testers who work on a backlog of work defined by internal innovation, research and development, and market need.
The Platform is delivered primarily through partners. The Product Owner will work alongside the leadership team to help interface development with the wider business, ensuring the platform delivers on client and partner need as well as the broader strategic objectives of the business.
As a Product Owner you will own and manage the Product Backlog and prioritise the product backlog items according to business value, being responsible for any changes on the platform and its technical integrity.
As a Product Owner you will be responsible for the elaboration of epics and features into user stories that are granular enough to be achieved/tested in a single Sprint, collaborating directly with the Scrum Master, the Development and QA team. You will participate in Daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings, and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
This role is based full time in our Norwich office, but we do expect some travel, both national and international, to be necessary from time to time to meet with clients and partners.
– Translate high-level business/customer requirements into detailed user stories, acceptance criteria, and technical requirements
– Play a part in the future direction of existing products as well as new product ideas by identifying and escalating items in the backlog (development and infrastructure related)
– Ensure that every change implemented actively contributes to the business KPIs and supports the mid and long term strategy
– Foster close relations with Sales, Marketing and Delivery teams to communicate the roadmap status and the development progress, and ensure appropriate internal and external communications plans are in place to support product releases
– 3+ years’ experience as a product owner/product manager, bringing products and/or features to market at a fast-paced, high-growth, software company
– Experience translating business/customers’ requirements into user stories and technical requirements
– Hands on experience with any Agile methodology, preferably SCRUM
– Proven ability to be detail, deadline, and results-orientated
– Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and concurrent projects
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
– Software development experience is a plus