How to start up a start-up – all you need to know
Turning your vision or idea into a successful business
If you’re considering taking the plunge and starting up then I’d suggest registering for the following event:
FIND OUT MORE – CLICK HERE
PLACES ARE LIMITED AND ATTENDANCE IS BY REGISTRATION ONLY (FREE EVENT). Please register by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Topics of discussion will include:
COMPANY IDENTITY – Dr Nick Milner
- Company name
- Company identity
- Why Incorporation
- Are internet domains important
- Launching your brand
- Basic business collateral
KEEPING THE FINANCES STABLE – John Matthews and Dan English
- Do I need an accountant ?
- How to incorporate
- Should I get a business bank account ?
- Tax issues
- Am I a sole trader ?
- Should I register with the VAT Man ?
TOOLS OF THE TRADE – Alan Jones
- What are the basic bits of IT and Comms kit I need for an office ?
- How much should I budget for setup and ongoing costs ?
- Does it matter who I buy my domains from ?
- Can I build my own website and how do you do it ?
- Cloud vs not cloud
- How do I protect my system from viruses and power supplies blowing up ?
HOW WAS IT FOR ME – Jim Marshall
- Why did I want to start my first company ?
- What were the main challenges in the first 6 months ?
- How do I price my time or my staff’s time ?
- How do I get customers and how do I keep them ?
- Where do I find out about obligations for H&S, insurance, public liability, GDPR etc ?
- When should I think about an exit plan and what does it mean ?