There was a large Technology business with the strapline ‘Imagine It. Done!’ Customers joked with me (after a much delayed Technology Transformation) that you had to ‘Imagine it done’, because you were never going to ‘see it done’!
I smiled to myself with this in mind as I went to renew my passport at The Post Office; strapline – ‘Helping you get important things done’
I was dreading the task, imagined long queues, wrong documents, form filling and a miserable .gov web portal. Can you imagine how amazed I was when the Post Office actually ‘helped me get something important done’ …. and do you know what? … it was a pleasant experience.
- No queue
- Polite, helpful and well trained counter staff (I still like to speak to a human)
- Handed in old passport and confirmed a couple of details.
- No form fill – auto populate of my details onto a confirmation screen (photo taken in the same booth)
- Paid and received tracking process
Well done Post Office
- You have my data – thank you for not asking for it again.
- You recognised that Digital Transformation is not about simply replacing people – it is about a better customer experience (the technology is augmenting and improving the service your people can provide)
- Technology was well applied and easy to use
If you are looking for ways to better connect with customers and the experience they demand then checkout the Data Journey’s community
#DigitalTransformation #DataJourney #HelpingYouGetImportantThingsDone